What does it take to complete the task I have set for myself?
The longest distance I’ve run so far is about 25 km so I’m quite lost as to what a 150 km+ and many k’s of descend demands of me. I will use the next couple of days/weeks/months trying to get more information on som key points.
- What criterias are there for entering?
- What gear do I need during the competition?
Training / trainer
- How much and how does an ultra runner train?
- Would it be wise to contact a trainer?
- Do I have the spare time to do what it takes?
- What races should I participate in before entering the UTMB?
- What is needed during a race?
- What is best the days before a race?
- What gear is essential during a ultra race?
- What is a sensible distribution over the refreshment posts?
- Hva trenger jeg for å få maksimalt ut av treningen?
January 1st 2010 stumbling into the bathroom I somehow ended up taking a weight measurement. Shockingly it stopped at 86kg (190lbs). For a small guy like me (169cm/5’6”) that is quite a good bit overweight.
I decided that this just could not continue. I had not exercised for many year and I was eating whatever I liked.
I did two simple things the following months that gave results.
– Started exercising 2 times a week
– Stopped eating before I was completely stuffed.
This payed off….
A couple off days ago I ran into some pages while surfing around. I don’t know how but suddenly my mind was set on participating in The North Face Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc. Call it crazy (like I do) but the more I think about it, the more it feels right.
I decided that I would document and collect my progress from sitting in the couch to reaching my goal (hopefully) by creating this blog.
Hope you will join me.